Thursday 28 April 2011

Final Prints

After the feedback from the presentations where I asked the opinion of my tutors and peer's to see if I should make a book or to have large prints, the general consensus was to make large prints. The prints will make more of an impact and I think my photoshop image of an example on a wall gave an impression of the scale. I think although I could get more images in to a book it would not have the same appeal.


The next option is how to print and display the grids of images. I decided that I would prefer to make window mounted prints with each of the photo's within each grid being individually printed rather than doing a large single print of all 9 images in one. I decided this for two reasons, the first being that I really like window mounted prints and thought it would be more attractive. The second reason was the cost, its considerably cheaper to make 9 smaller prints (I'm going for 10"x15" on A0 mount board) than it is to print an A0 sheet in one go.


The problem I have recently discovered though is that no one stocks A0 board so I have contacted a paper mill close to home to see if they can supply any.

No comments:

Post a Comment