Monday 1 November 2010

Research - Sophie Calle

I was unsure where to start with this project so I decided to start researching photographers and artists who had covered a similar subject. I found that there aren't that many that are relevant but looking through a photographic book I found Sophie Calle. I thought that her work in a series called 'The Hotel' was interesting as she had worked for a few months in a hotel and photographed the customers belongings. I like the way she approached her subject, the images show hotel rooms that could belong to anyone. they are anonymous yet personal.





I really like the way the photographs are set out in grids, this presentation is interesting and adds interest to the series. I think if these images were viewed individually they would be a bit boring. The repetition adds a little extra.

No comments:

Post a Comment