Sunday 21 November 2010

Research - Laslo Moholy-Nagy and my photograms

I found one of Moholy-Nagy's photograms while trying to find artists and photographers that photograph simple everyday objects. I decided to research further into Moholy-Nagy's works and found that it wasn't really as useful towards my project research as I had hoped from the initial image that I had found in a collective photo book. 
However, I decided to take some of the personal belongings into the darkroom to make some photograms. I thought this would be an  interesting exercise to try a different direction for my project.


Moholy-Nagy's photograms:







My Photograms:















I used objects that I used in my first photo shoot, when the idea was to photograph my belongings in different places. I enjoyed making these photograms but I feel that they are not strong enough to continue so I will continue the project in a photographic direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment